Saturday 30 April 2011

Trial Run

I was looking for some papers the other day and I came across a pack of American Crafts papers.  I pulled out a red and green piece and thought to myself, never in a million years will I use this, the pattern is too big and not my cup of tea.  So I decided to make up a mini kit of papers and ribbon to see if I could actually do anything with it.
This is the kit.
and this is the result.
I have used some of my gorgeous spotty buttons that Sue sent me, as centres for my ribbon flowers.  I was going to use them in place of the brads too, but decided that was too extravagant!

4 comments:

MiniOwner said...

Oh don't be mean with the buttons, Susi - always hapoy to pick up some more! What a fab page especially as you didn't think you'd use the papers. It turned out so well.
Sue x

Maria said...

I think the papers and buttons are lovely and they go well with this photo

Jenny said...

This is a fab idea, I have a few papers like this that I'm not keen on. You've made a great page, love the large circle that links all the elements :)
Jenny x

Unknown said...

I love the birdie and the way you have chopped the pp to suit. Great photo btw. X