Friday 17 October 2014

Notebook holder tutorial

I've been making some notebook holders for Christmas gifts and also to sell at a charity Christmas Fair I will be attending next month.  They are so easy to make and I think they look good so I thought I'd share a tutorial with you.

Here are a couple I've already made - one I think I've shown before.




These are the note books I used - they come from Paperchase and cost £2 each but you can buy them in any stationery shop.  They measure 5 7/8" x 4 1/8".  (If anyone can tell me how to write fractions on a blog post I would be very grateful!)


And here is the book I will show you how to make today.



Okay, so I'll start but I will warn you it is a long post but it's nearly all photos which should make it easier to follow.

You will need

2 sheets of A4 card stock or one sheet of 12" x 12" card stock to make your folder.
A selection of patterned papers - I used Stampin Up paper stack because the size was perfect.
Adhesive of choice
Corner rounder
Ink pad and sponge dauber
Paper trimmer with scoring attachment or a scoring board
Note book
2 craft magnets
Glossy accents or similar strong adhesive

My measurements are based on using A4 cardstock - if you use 12" x 12" you will need to adjust the size of your patterned paper for the flaps.


Trim a 1 1/2" strip off length of card so it now measures 6 1/4" x A4 length




















Sorry, this should read "stick your magnet down where I have marked an X".  That will teach me to make things when it's gone midnight!












I went wrong here and rounded both bottom corners as you will see on the following pictures!












I made a couple of tags to pop in the pocket.



Well that's it - I hope you enjoyed my little (!) tutorial and if you make a book, I'd love to see it:)








2 comments:

Holly Beechey said...

'Little' tutorial?! Very lovely though!

Christine said...

Great instructions - very clear. Hope to give this a go x